What to do if you Test Positive for COVID-19

January 14, 2022 - 10:27am

The University and Humboldt County Public Health are working together to help isolate individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 and conduct contact tracing if necessary. 



  • Anyone who tests positive should inform the University immediately. Students should notify Student Health & Wellbeing Services (email health@humboldt.edu or call 707.826.3146) and employees should notify their supervisor AND Human Resources (email hr-covid-coordinator@humboldt.edu). 
  • Falling out of compliance with these protocols may be in violation of campus and county policies and could lead to possible disciplinary action.
  • Anyone who is deemed a direct contact to a positive case should follow California Public Health quarantine/isolation guidance


Support for those who test positive:

Students who test positive or are forced to quarantine should immediately notify Student Health & Wellbeing Services (SHWS) AND inform their instructors. Instructors will work with the student to ensure opportunities to complete required course work. 

Expanded COVID-19 Related Leave (ECRL) for COVID-19 illness has expired, meaning employees will need to take sick or vacation leave if you are in isolation/quarantine. If you are unable to take sick leave, work with your supervisor and Human Resources (hr-covid-coordinator@humboldt.edu). 


Free COVID-19 testing is available to Humboldt staff, faculty, and students at the Banquet Room of the Student Activities Center (first floor).  

  • Students and employees may walk in for testing during open hours: Mondays and Thursdays, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.; Tuesdays, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Wednesdays, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.; and Fridays, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
  • Wear a mask at all times (except when advised by the test collector to remove your mask) and try to stay 6 feet apart from others while waiting for your test.

Find comprehensive information about pandemic planning, preparedness, and operations at the Humboldt Campus Ready Website.


Choose a Language

Non-English is for reference only and not official