Update to Essential Travel Approval Policy

May 17, 2021 - 4:08pm

Dear Campus Partners,

The Chancellor’s Office has issued a memo lifting the previous travel restrictions effective June 1st, 2021.

Please note that as of April, Humboldt County has adopted state guidelines regarding travel:

  • If you are fully vaccinated:
    --No quarantine is required for domestic travel
    --14-day quarantine is required for international travel

  • If you are not fully vaccinated:
    --No quarantine is required for travel in California
    --14-day quarantine is required for other domestic and international travel.

Please review the following guidelines regarding the modification of travel restrictions:

  • Faculty and Staff members traveling using state-side, Associated Students, or Humboldt State University Foundation funds (with or without students), must use Concur for their travel authorization and expense report along with the state travel card.

  • Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, travel cards were put on hold.  To open a card, the traveler’s administrator can email a request to the Humboldt Travel email, travel@humboldt.edu.

  • For Concur related questions, please email Kearney Vander Sal at krv5@humboldt.edu, and she will be able to assist you.

  • Faculty and staff members traveling using Sponsored Programs grant or trust funds will no longer require preauthorization to travel (unless your travel is International). Please follow the pre-COVID guidelines of turning in all forms and backup receipts when you return from your trip. *Note– some research activities/group field work may still require “Risk Mitigation Plans” to be submitted through October. Please contact your Grant Analyst to confirm.

  • For student only travel, please continue to use the paper travel claim and paper travel authorization form.

  • For general travel questions, please email travel@humboldt.edu.

Visit the Cal Poly Humboldt Travel website for Concur Guides, links to Travel Card applications, and more.

Choose a Language

Non-English is for reference only and not official